Photograph Gallery ~ Wharf Road
Harrisons Warehouse, pre library
This superb 5 storey warehouse was demolished in the late sixties to make way for the present library.
The foundations for the building were built upon the Roman walls thereby preserving them. They can be seen within the library.
Rumour has it that William Marwood (Public Executioner 1820 - 1883) practised the technique called the long drop from a trapdoor within this building.